Sometimes the stars align for auspicious outcomes, but sometimes they seem to portend an apocalypse.
In 2017 here in California we know that during the lifespans of the Millennials and their children disruptions in the biosphere's self-regulating mechanisms will cause regionally disparate climate impacts negatively affecting tens of thousands of Californians, as well as hundreds of millions of people around the world.
For many around the Earth it will be catastrophic, for most it will be disruptive at times as it already has been in California, and for some - the Russians led by Putin for example - it will present opportunities represented by this map...
...though the opportunities come with a likely onslaught of serious problems.
It is obvious that within regions people acting together need to implement plans to adapt to the varying impacts of biospheric disruption.
At this critical moment in time, Neoliberal billionaires have been granted control of a number of Western World governments outside California.
What is that going to mean for future Californians in 2067 and in 2117? Do they face adapting to an Earth in upheaval without adequate support from state government policies and funding as is already the case in Florida?
Fortunately, in California we have begun our Safeguarding California program. The following series of posts explore how we Californians are overcoming an antiscience trend and what it means for the future well-being of our children and grandchildren:
- In California we are overcoming words that blind and bind - such as the words global and climate
- In California we are overcoming words that blind and bind by discussing biosphere science
- In California we are overcoming words that blind and bind: about lie, error, digital and information
- In California we are overcoming words that blind and bind: avoiding the ideology of Neoliberalism
- In California we are overcoming words that blind and bind: the trap of the technology promise